Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: HUD
The Senate easily confirmed San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro on Wednesday to head the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Rafael Diaz is named as the new HUD chief information officer, replacing Jerry Williams.
Walter Guillory, the former executive director the Lafayette Housing Authority and Opelousas Housing Authority, both in Louisiana, pleaded guilty to bid-rigging and wire fraud.
HUD Secretary Shaun Donovan told the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee that connecting the management side with the budget side would better ensure financial and programmatic successes. Lawmakers pressed Donovan on his commitment to implement the DATA Act and reduce duplicative programs.
The Service to America Medals honor federal employees who go above and beyond their job descriptions to serve the public. Federal News Radio will be speaking to the finalists. The Housing and Urban Development Department launched a data-analysis program in 2010 to monitor federal housing programs. Two years later, Hurricane Sandy put the system to the test. Sara Meyers co-developed the program called HUDStat. She now runs the Sandy Program Management Office, which applies data analysis to the $50 billion Sandy recovery effort. She joined Jason Miller on the Federal Drive to discuss HUDStat and the progress it has made. Read a Q&A with Sara Meyers.
For her efforts in creating a data analysis system to measure the performance of federal housing programs, the Partnership for Public Service recently named HUD's Sara Meyers as one of the finalists for the 2014 Call to Service Medal.
The Government Accountability Office takes a look at the effects of the 2013 sequester and how agencies prepared.
President Barack Obama will nominate San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro to become housing secretary and will tap Shaun Donovan, his current housing chief, to run the budget office, a White House official said Thursday.