Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: HUD
In this week's edition of Inside the Reporter's Notebook: Another senior technology official at DHS is on the move; HUD quietly extended the HITS contracts to Lockheed Martin and HP Enterprise Services; Defense CIO Teri Takai doesn't have a lot of good things to say about the Federal Information Technology Acquisition Reform Act and a new DHS office will raise the level of focus on critical infrastructure security.
Lisa Danzig is slated to become OMB's associate director for personnel and performance. She would replace Shelley Metzenbaum, who left in May.
Federal workers will still have to report to work for about four hours Tuesday even if the government shuts down.
The Department of Housing and Urban Development and the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency each put their respective Freedom of Information Act systems in a private-sector cloud. HUD said it's saving as much as 25 percent a year as compared to its in-house system. OCC said it's answering requests more quickly and effectively.
The Department of Housing and Urban Development canceled its last two furlough days after its employee union agreed to drop a grievance over the agency's alleged violations of its earlier furlough agreement.
Thousands of federal employees at four separate government agencies are required to take an unpaid furlough day July 5. Meanwhile, employees at two government agencies could see a diminished impact of furloughs.
Most politicians say they want a leaner, more efficient government. That they want to eliminate waste and duplication. Many of them actually mean it, unless it comes to a program or facility based in their home state or congressional district.