Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: HSPD-12
Pilot would let citizens sign on to use government services through private sector accounts. OMB hopes to reach citizens where they already are doing business online.
Tags: technology , Judy Spencer , Vivek Kundra , OMB , GSA , NIH , Federal Identity Credentialing Committee , OpenID Foundation , O'Reilly Media , TechWeb , Don Thibeau , secure identity card , ID management
Fiscal 2011 technology budget request is $79 billion and Vivek Kundra says that will address several challenges, including closing the gap between the private and public sector. GSA will run new apps store for handheld devices. OMB will lead the review of troubled IT programs.
Tags: technology , Vivek Kundra , Howard Schmidt , OMB , VA , EPA , GSA , CGI , Apple , cybersecurity , 2011 budget , IT Dashboard , mobile computing , TechStat , program management , PMAS , identity management
New focus on line of business initiative will test cloud computing across seven areas. Overall IT budget to grow by 7 percent.
The State Department in late January began testing the use of digital certificates on Microsoft Word and Excel documents, using the Group Policy Object function to digitally lock down Microsoft Office so employees does not use any macros that are not approved by State.
The ID card hanging around your neck isn't living up to its potential. The Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 (HSPD-12) cards allow secure entry into federal facilities.
On today's Federal Drive: Talk of government shutdown has ratcheted up as lawmakers squabble over a CR, federal information sharing efforts have taken off and the House prepares to square off over various proposals to reform the Postal Service.
Android devices are next up in DoD's effort to get off-the-shelf smartphones up to snuff with the Pentagon's security needs. Also, the Army looks for a better way to do two-factor authentication on mobile devices.
The agency is extending the FTS2001 bridge contract with four vendors for at least another six months. Most of the largest agencies have not fully transitioned to the telecommunications. GSA is readying several other contracts including for HSPD-12 services and strategic sourcing for wireless services.
Tags: contracting , industry , technology , Karl Krumbholz , Mike O'Neill , Patricia Waddell , Larry Hale , GSA , Sprint , Qwest , AT&T , Verizon , AFFIRM , Networx , telecommunications , FTS-2001 , schedule contracts , BetterBuy Wiki , SmartBUY , Networks 2020 , Connections , Jason Miller