Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: HSPD-12
In this edition of Inside the Reporter's Notebook, Executive Editor Jason Miller shares news and buzz about the IT and acquisition communities.
Tags: Jason Miller , Inside the Reporters Notebook , Dan Tangherlini , Dave McClure , 18F , GSA , technology , cybersecurity , Matt Chessen , State , Roger Waldron , PTO , sequestration , Tony Scardino , DoD , Phyllis Schneck
The Education Department's new security operations center reached initial operations capability in 2013 featuring six tools to improve the protection of its network and data. Steve Grewal, Education's chief information security officer, said a move to cloud and mobile computing requires the agency to have more visibility and accountability into how vendors protect its network.
March 6, 2014
A new white paper from SafeGov recommended ways for agencies to move to an integrated cloud and cyber approach and away from one that is fragmented and ad hoc in many respects. Karen Evans, a co-author of the report and a former Office of Management and Budget administrator for e-government and IT, said agencies need a clearer picture of how this integration could happen.
Employees at the departments of Treasury, Homeland Security and State can use their HSPD-12 smart cards to log onto the intelligence community's unclassified sharing platform. Most recently, the departments of Health and Human Services, Veterans Affairs and the Justice Department's Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives will have access to the tools and applications through their smart identity cards.
The White House released updated progress report on the cross-agency cybersecurity goals and found most agencies improved. The administration said more agencies are using smart cards to log onto their networks and more are implementing continuous monitoring.
The Homeland Security Department released a draft performance work statement to vendors. The draft PWS details DHS' needs to use HSPD-12 cards for computer network and building access.
Phillip Soloweszyk, director of Identity and Windows Consulting Services for Quest Software, will discuss identity management.
APril 16, 2013
Cyber coordinator Michael Daniel released updated goals for TIC, HSPD-12 and continuous monitoring on Performance.gov. He said by adding new goals to the portal, performance improvement officers will pay more attention and influence how agencies meet the targets.
Tags: technology , cybersecurity , Michael Daniel , White House , OMB , Trusted Internet connection , continuous monitoring , PIO , CIO , performance mangement , GSA , DHS , NIST , Jason Miller , exclusive
A memo from federal CIO Steven VanRoekel requires agencies to begin accepting usernames and passwords from commercial companies such as Verisign or Google. This is the second time the government has tried to accept commercial credentials. Experts say this time agencies and industry are better prepared to be successful.
Tags: technology , OMB , NIH , SSA , GSA , Moira Mack , Judy Spencer , Frank Baitman , Steven Van Roekel , Randy Vanderhoof , smartcard alliance , identity management , open id standards , Jason Miller , CertiPath
OPM developing competency models for performance improvement officers and chief operating officers as part of its requirements under the GPRA Modernization Act. DHS moves to agile development to fix the HSIN program. NIST to update HSPD-12 card requirements to meet mobile needs.
Tags: technology , GSA , OPM , NIST , DHS , Martha Johnson , Dave McClure , Patsy Stevens , Donna Roy , Jeremy Grant , NSTIC , Suzanne Lightman , Green government , energy efficiency , open government , GPRA Modernization , HSIN , cybersecurity , identity management , mobile , Jason Miller , ELC 2011