Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: HOT lanes
WTOP compares the region's two dominant counties -- Fairfax and Montgomery.
Tags: Sprawl & Crawl , VDOT , Interstate 95 , Dulles Rail Project , Capital Beltway , Va. Route 123 , public transportation , Martin O'Malley , Wheaton , Shady Grove , Twinbrook , ICC , Interstate 270 , Interstate 370 , Md. Route 97 , Andrew Mollenbeck
Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell said the state is currently robbing itself of money set aside for road construction by controlling the sales of alcohol and other private sectors.
The existing network is not going to serve the 2 million more people who are going to be in this region in 25 years," says Bob Chase, president of the Northern Virginia Transportation Alliance.
The study will look the possibility of High Occupancy Toll lanes on the interstate, congestion pricing and bus rapid transit, as well as changes to High Occupancy Vehicle lanes.
The bus will take 45 minutes. It's billed as a faster alternative to driving.
High Occupancy Toll (HOT) lanes are being built along that stretch, and some say the lanes are an ultra-modern, innovative solution to fighting congestion.
As Virginia waits for a lawsuit by Arlington to make its way through the courts, there are plans to extend another HOT lanes project closer to Maryland.
The County Board claims the project will favor mostly rich, white commuters at the expense of Arlington's diverse urban population.
The first shift to a new bridge that's part of the High Occupancy Toll Lanes project begins Thursday night.
The water main break and repairs to Chain Bridge Road in Tysons Corner will take all day.