Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: HOT lanes
WTOP compares the region's two dominant counties -- Fairfax and Montgomery.
Tags: Sprawl & Crawl , VDOT , Interstate 95 , Dulles Rail Project , Capital Beltway , Va. Route 123 , public transportation , Martin O'Malley , Wheaton , Shady Grove , Twinbrook , ICC , Interstate 270 , Interstate 370 , Md. Route 97 , Andrew Mollenbeck
Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell said the state is currently robbing itself of money set aside for road construction by controlling the sales of alcohol and other private sectors.
The existing network is not going to serve the 2 million more people who are going to be in this region in 25 years," says Bob Chase, president of the Northern Virginia Transportation Alliance.
The study will look the possibility of High Occupancy Toll lanes on the interstate, congestion pricing and bus rapid transit, as well as changes to High Occupancy Vehicle lanes.
The bus will take 45 minutes. It's billed as a faster alternative to driving.
High Occupancy Toll (HOT) lanes are being built along that stretch, and some say the lanes are an ultra-modern, innovative solution to fighting congestion.
As Virginia waits for a lawsuit by Arlington to make its way through the courts, there are plans to extend another HOT lanes project closer to Maryland.
The County Board claims the project will favor mostly rich, white commuters at the expense of Arlington's diverse urban population.
The first shift to a new bridge that's part of the High Occupancy Toll Lanes project begins Thursday night.
The water main break and repairs to Chain Bridge Road in Tysons Corner will take all day.