Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: HHS
Sally Howard is stepping down as the chief of staff at Health and Human Services to become the deputy commissioner for policy at the Food and Drug Administration.
Lee Barrett, executive director of the Electronic Healthcare Network Accreditation Commission, will discuss interoperability and how to transfer sensitive healthcare data in a secure manner.
April 23, 2013
Tags: technology , compliance , Healthcare IT , interoperability , Jason Miller , electronic health records , Lee Barrett , EHNAC , HIPPA , records sharing , records management , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk , Department of Veterans Affairs , Electronic health records sharing , information sharing , secure messaging , WEDI
Kay Daly, the assistant inspector general for audit services at Health and Human Services, tells Federal News Radio why HHS has made so many improper payments and what the agency is doing to fix the problem.
Doctor Doug Fridsma, chief science officer for HHS's Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology, will discuss how interoperability will make it easier to share health information.
April 2, 2013
Tags: technology , Healthcare IT , interoperability , electronic health records , enterprise systems , Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT , information sharing , records management , Blue Button initiative , mobile devices , health information exchange , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk , Doug Fridsma
On this week's Capital Impact show, Bloomberg Government analysts examine how the ongoing budget battle is affecting contracting.
March 14, 2013
Tags: acquisition , contracting , budget battle , sequestration , Cameron Leuthy , Department of Labor , Department of Education , GWACs , GSA , GSA Millennia , GSA Millennia Lite , COMMITS NexGen , Brian Friel , Allen Scott , Capital Impact , Bloomberg Government
John Czajkowski, deputy director for management at the National Cancer Institute, is this week's guest on Agency of the Month.
Performance improvements officers say agencies are getting better at the measuring part — using data to driver better performance. Overall, 71 percent of agency PIOs who responded to an exclusive Federal News Radio survey said their agency makes good use of performance data.
The Justice Department has recovered a record $5 billion in the past year from companies that filed false claims against the government. Acting Associate Attorney General Tony West said Tuesday that the federal False Claims Act is the most powerful tool in the government's legal arsenal for protecting the integrity of government programs, such as Medicare and defense contracting.
Frank Baitman, the HHS chief information officer, said the agency will move its HR systems to a shared services provider in the coming year. He said HHS also will issue a solicitation for cloud services in 2013.
November 15, 2012