Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: HHS
Sylvia Mathews Burwell is already on track to become the next Secretary of Health and Human Services. Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) says he'll vote to confirm her and we've seen no reports of anyone who will oppose her nomination. Tom Shoop, editor in chief at Government Executive magazine, offers his take on In Depth with Francis Rose.
DHS, HHS, Interior and USDA all are on board to try out the Total Workplace initiative that focuses on open spaces, hotelling and mobile employees. GSA Administrator Dan Tangherlini said a new approach to office space will save money and improve how agencies meet their missions.
Health care data comes from unexpected places.
West Health's Kerry McDermott, and the Office of Science and Technology's chief science officer, Dr. Douglas Fridsma, will discuss this week's Healthcare Innovation Day, and new developments in healthcare interoperability.
February 4, 2014
Tags: Kerry McDermott , technology , Healthcare IT , healthcare interoperability , WestHealth Policy Center , Dr. Doug Fridsma , Healthcare Innovation Day , Malcolm Gladwell , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk , WestHealth Institute
In a special commentary, Federal News Radio's Tom Temin asks, where were the crowd-sourcing, cloud-computing, agile-developing, data-dot-goving, code-a-paloozing studs who have been swept into so many agencies by the Obama administration before the launch of HealthCare.gov?
The chairman of the Oversight and Government Reform Committee sent letters to Verizon Enterprise Inc., Google, Microsoft, Oracle and Expedia asking if they are part of the administration's "tech surge" to fix the Affordable Care Act portal.
Tags: technology , management , CMS , Darrell Issa , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , HealthCare.gov , Verizon Enterprise Inc. , Google , Microsoft , Oracle , Expedia , Affordable Care Act , Jason Miller
The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee pressed federal Chief Information Officer Steve VanRoekel, federal Chief Technology Officer Todd Park, Department of Health and Human Services CIO Frank Baitman and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services deputy CIO Henry Chao to acknowledge the oversight failings, and for someone to declare they were in charge of the program.
Tags: technology , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Steve VanRoekel , Todd Park , OMB , Darrell Issa , Trey Gowdy , Henry Chao , CMS , Frank Baitman , David Powner , GAO , HealthCare.gov , Affordable Care Act , Jason Miller
Brian Ahier, president of Advanced Health Information Exchange Resources, discusses the state of the healthcare IT system and how to use technology to improve it.
January 28, 2014
Tags: technology , Healthcare IT , mhealth , Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT , Dr. Karen DeSalvo , Hurricane Katrina , meaningful use , electronic health records , health information exchange , Brian Ahier , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk
Ravee Kurian and David Blackburn from Sapient will discuss how federal agencies can implement digital strategies to improve outcomes and reduce costs.
January 14, 2014
Tags: technology , Healthcare IT , cloud computing , mobile health , Sapient Corporation , Ravee Kurian , David Blackburn , digital health strategies , mobile computing , HiMSS , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk , content syndication