Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: HHS
Across the federal government, the officials who run hotline programs in agency inspector general offices say they're finding ways to cut their backlogs of incoming cases and get vital information into the hands of investigators more quickly. In part, it's because those officials are communicating with one another like never before.
The Office of Financial Innovation and Transformation issued two RFIs in the last few weeks. One announced an industry day for May 21, and the other is looking for ideas to improve how the government manages and integrates data from different systems.
Tags: management , financial management , OMB , Treasury , Joe Ward , Interior , Jason Miller , Bill McCabe , Government Performance Summit , Beth Angerman , The Performance Institute , Mark Reger , shared services , the Association of Government Accountants
In this week's Reporter's Notebook column, Executive Editor Jason Miller ponders Sylvia Burwell's jump from OMB to HHS and GSA's pumped up approach to buying.
Sylvia Mathews Burwell is already on track to become the next Secretary of Health and Human Services. Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) says he'll vote to confirm her and we've seen no reports of anyone who will oppose her nomination. Tom Shoop, editor in chief at Government Executive magazine, offers his take on In Depth with Francis Rose.
DHS, HHS, Interior and USDA all are on board to try out the Total Workplace initiative that focuses on open spaces, hotelling and mobile employees. GSA Administrator Dan Tangherlini said a new approach to office space will save money and improve how agencies meet their missions.
Health care data comes from unexpected places.
West Health's Kerry McDermott, and the Office of Science and Technology's chief science officer, Dr. Douglas Fridsma, will discuss this week's Healthcare Innovation Day, and new developments in healthcare interoperability.
February 4, 2014
Tags: Kerry McDermott , technology , Healthcare IT , healthcare interoperability , WestHealth Policy Center , Dr. Doug Fridsma , Healthcare Innovation Day , Malcolm Gladwell , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk , WestHealth Institute
In a special commentary, Federal News Radio's Tom Temin asks, where were the crowd-sourcing, cloud-computing, agile-developing, data-dot-goving, code-a-paloozing studs who have been swept into so many agencies by the Obama administration before the launch of HealthCare.gov?