Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: HHS
He has been with the Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT almost since its inception. Sankaran writes to his colleagues that the time is right to pursue other opportunities.
The Department of Health and Human Services continues to be the lead agency for the Obama Administration's priority of establishing a nationwide system of permanent electronic health records. But at least one large stakeholder group working with HHS is looking for some changes to the program.
HHS upgraded the portal and it is now ready to handle the large number of applications. OMB had moved 10 of the largest grant making agencies away from the portal last spring because of concerns the system could not handle the influx of applications from the Recovery Act.
Alan P. Balutis
Director and Distinguished Fellow
Cisco Business Solutions Group
By the time the NHIN Direct Project is done, there will be one nationwide exchange, consisting of the organizations that have come together in a common policy framework to implement the standards and services. Acting director of the office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology, Dr. Doug Fridsma, explains how it will work.
HHS gets ready to lead the way in healthcare reform. Former Secretary Donna Shalala explains how.
Health care reform may look good on paper, but now it's up to agencies to make it a reality. Andrew Croshaw is Managing Director for the Health Care Practice at Leavitt Partners breaks down the workload for us.
In the federal government, they wield spreadsheets, strive for "clean audit opinions", and are the first line of defense in accounting for the spending of taxpayer dollars. "They" are the top federal CFOs and financial managers, and yesterday, they met here in Washington to discuss their profession.
A transformative health care bill is headed to President Barack Obama for his signature as Congress takes the final steps in Democrats' improbable and history-making push for near-universal medical coverage.
President Barack Obama and congressional Democrats stand within days if not hours of striking final deals on historic health care legislation. Former HHS Secretary Donna Shalala echoes the confidence Congress is showing in OPM.