Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: HHS
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has activated the National Disaster Medical System and the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps. More than 275 personnel are in the process of deploying to Haiti and over 12,000 personnel could possibly assist in the coming days.
The Senate Homeland Security Ad Hoc Subcommittee on Disaster Recovery used recovery case management as an example of the problems and advantages of interagency collaboration.
HUD will be first agency to return to using the portal for Recovery Act grant opportunities. HHS says technology upgrades should last for two years.
Federal CTO Aneesh Chopra says agencies need people to lead this innovation. He also says new directive will help solidify the permanence of open government ideals.