Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Gregory Wilshusen
Julie Perkins hosts a roundtable discussion of the latest developments in cybersecurity.
July 11, 2014
Tags: workforce , cybersecurity , cybersecurity framework , Cybersecurity executive order , Julie Perkins , GAO , Ari Schwartz , John Lainhart , IBM Global Business Services , Alma Cole , The Performance Institute , Fed Talk , Shaw Bransford and Roth
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
Robert Litan discusses a Bloomberg Government study about rule-making in the Obama administration. Michael Tinsley, CEO of NeoSystems Corp., offers insight on how furloughs might affect federal contractors. Procurement attorney Joe Petrillo weighs in on a a 2012 Supreme Court case that could come back to bite federal agencies facing budget cuts under sequestration. Gregory Wilshusen discusses a new GAO report on how prepared agencies are to fend of online assaults. John Palguta of the Partnership for Public Service talks about sequestration and the threat of furloughs.
Tags: Robert Litan , Bloomberg Government , rule-making , Michael Tinsley , NeoSystems Corp. , contracting , industry , sequestration , furloughs , Joe Petrillo , Petrillo and Powell , budget , GAO , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , John Palguta , Partnership for Pubic Service , DoD , DoD Report , Federal Drive
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Gregory Wilshusen, director of information security issues at GAO, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the various methods of federal cybersecurity guidance. GAO recently recommended that DHS collaborate with industry in developing guidance.
Several large departments have failed to close cybersecurity workforce gaps that could hinder efforts to protect their computers and networks, according to congressional auditors.
Learn more from GAO's director of information security issues.
The ID card hanging around your neck isn't living up to its potential. The Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 (HSPD-12) cards allow secure entry into federal facilities.
Gregory Wilshusen, director of Information Security Issues for GAO, joined the DorobekINSIDER to discuss GAO's recommendations to increase privacy in OPM background checks.
Learn more from a GAO report on the efforts to harmonize information security policies