Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Greg Shaffer
The long-awaited memo requires agencies to develop a plan to implement physical and computer network access controls. DHS and GSA are also working together to help agencies improve physical access control.
The agency is working with different industry sectors to improve how and the kinds of IT security information that flows in both directions. DHS has a pilot with DoD and financial services companies to exchange threat and malicious activity from their networks. DHS also has installed Einstein 2 software on 12 agency networks to improve how they recognize risks.
Tags: technology , Anna Eshoo , John Denning , DHS , DoD , GAO , Computer and Communications Industry Association , Financial Services Information Sharing and Analysi , cybersecurity , Einstein , information sharing , Jason Miller