Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Greg Schaffer
Greg Schaffer is leaving as the Homeland Security Department's assistant secretary in the Office of Cybersecurity and Communications.
Program discusses the progress on CyberSecurity with the DHS-DoD & ODNI.
Tags: technology , Federal Executive Forum , cyber security , DHS , DoD , ODNI , cyber , security , Dave Wennergren , Priscilla Guthrie , Lee Holcomb , Robert Dix , Tom Conway , McAfee , Juniper Networks
Tags: technology , Federal Executive Forum , cyber security , DHS , DoD , FAA , cyber , security , Robert Lentz , Dave Bowen , Fred Newberry , Cisco , John Bordwine , Symantec , Sam Chun , EDS , Jim Flyzik , Flyzik Group
Assistant secretary for cybersecurity and communications
Sept. 24, 2009
U.S. utilities and industries face a rising number of cyber break-ins by attackers using more sophisticated methods, a senior Homeland Security Department official said.
Suzanne Spaulding will replace Phil Reitinger as the deputy under secretary. She worked as a consultant and on Capitol Hill previously. DHS also created a deputy under secretary for cyber security.
Greg Schaffer, the acting deputy undersecretary for the National Protection and Programs Directorate at DHS, said in Information Week that it's is one of the most complicated and difficult challenges they have.
House lawmakers want to add the requirement for a White House official to oversee cybersecurty policy and budget across civilian agencies. Rep. Langevin said the current set up with DHS in charge of civilian networks isn't good enough. Members also want more attention paid to the security of the supply chain.
Tags: technology , management , Howard Schmidt , Jim Langevin , Jason Chaffetz , Elijah Cummings , DHS , White House , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , cybersecurity , supply chain security , FISMA , Jason Miller