Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Greg Schaffer
Greg Schaffer is leaving as the Homeland Security Department's assistant secretary in the Office of Cybersecurity and Communications.
Program discusses the progress on CyberSecurity with the DHS-DoD & ODNI.
Tags: technology , Federal Executive Forum , cyber security , DHS , DoD , ODNI , cyber , security , Dave Wennergren , Priscilla Guthrie , Lee Holcomb , Robert Dix , Tom Conway , McAfee , Juniper Networks
Tags: technology , Federal Executive Forum , cyber security , DHS , DoD , FAA , cyber , security , Robert Lentz , Dave Bowen , Fred Newberry , cisco , John Bordwine , Symantec , Sam Chun , EDS , Jim Flyzik , Flyzik Group
Assistant secretary for cybersecurity and communications
Sept. 24, 2009
U.S. utilities and industries face a rising number of cyber break-ins by attackers using more sophisticated methods, a senior Homeland Security Department official said.
Suzanne Spaulding will replace Phil Reitinger as the deputy under secretary. She worked as a consultant and on Capitol Hill previously. DHS also created a deputy under secretary for cyber security.
Greg Schaffer, the acting deputy undersecretary for the National Protection and Programs Directorate at DHS, said in Information Week that it's is one of the most complicated and difficult challenges they have.
House lawmakers want to add the requirement for a White House official to oversee cybersecurty policy and budget across civilian agencies. Rep. Langevin said the current set up with DHS in charge of civilian networks isn't good enough. Members also want more attention paid to the security of the supply chain.
Tags: technology , management , Howard Schmidt , Jim Langevin , Jason Chaffetz , Elijah Cummings , DHS , White House , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , cybersecurity , Supply chain security , FISMA , Jason Miller