Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Greg Nojeim
Sen. Feinstein calls for an international treaty on cyberspace to create mutual assurances of protection. Experts say the difficulty is determining the threshold of what constitutes an attack worthy of war. Delayed DoD cyber command would play key role in coming up with strategy for offensive and defensive cyber actions.
Tags: technology , Dennis Blair , Dianne Feinstein , Keith Alexander , ODNI , Senate Select Committee on Intelligence , DoD , White House , DoJ , Jim Lewis , CSIS , CDT , cybersecurity , Cyber Command
White House cybersecurity coordinator Howard Schmidt says his office will focus on privacy as much as it will focus on cybersecurity. He says the government can't have security without privacy. Experts say they are pleased with Schmidt's initial ideas, but wonder where the privacy oversight board is.
Good government group weighs in ahead of cybersecurity report release.
The Cybersecurity, Innovation and the Internet Economy report charges the Commerce Department with bringing together non-critical infrastructure businesses to improve the security of their computers and systems. This is the fourth cybersecurity strategy or proposal from the administration since April. Commerce will act as a convener to help create voluntary standards.
Tags: technology , Ari Schwartz , Commerce , NIST , Center for Democracy and Technology , Software and Information Industry Association , Mark MacCarthy , cybersecurity , NSTIC , standards , Jason Miller