Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Greg Nojeim
Sen. Feinstein calls for an international treaty on cyberspace to create mutual assurances of protection. Experts say the difficulty is determining the threshold of what constitutes an attack worthy of war. Delayed DoD cyber command would play key role in coming up with strategy for offensive and defensive cyber actions.
Tags: technology , Dennis Blair , Dianne Feinstein , Keith Alexander , ODNI , Senate Select Committee on Intelligence , DoD , White House , DoJ , Jim Lewis , CSIS , CDT , cybersecurity , Cyber Command
White House cybersecurity coordinator Howard Schmidt says his office will focus on privacy as much as it will focus on cybersecurity. He says the government can't have security without privacy. Experts say they are pleased with Schmidt's initial ideas, but wonder where the privacy oversight board is.
Good government group weighs in ahead of cybersecurity report release.
The Cybersecurity, Innovation and the Internet Economy report charges the Commerce Department with bringing together non-critical infrastructure businesses to improve the security of their computers and systems. This is the fourth cybersecurity strategy or proposal from the administration since April. Commerce will act as a convener to help create voluntary standards.
Tags: technology , Ari Schwartz , Commerce , NIST , Center for Democracy and Technology , Software and Information Industry Association , Mark MacCarthy , cybersecurity , NSTIC , standards , Jason Miller