Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Greg Long
It's been nearly three weeks since the Thrift Savings Plan board announced a data breach of 123,000 Thrift Savings Plan, and since then, the board has been fielding questions from participants, Congress and the media. TSP's executive director answered some of the most frequently asked questions about the breach.
The cover up, as they say, is almost always worse than the crime itself. The rule of thumb, from the Watergate era, is follow the money, although people rarely do that. Following the money can be tricky. Also complicated. Especially in the computer age with multi- national players, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Hosts Bob Leins and Tammy Flanagan discuss the Roth TSP with the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board's executive director, Greg Long, Director of External Affairs Kim Weaver and Assistant General Counsel Laurissa Stokes.
May 14, 2012
Do you know the difference between a Roth IRA and the Roth TSP option? Because if you don't, it could cost you thousands of dollars in taxes and in future income when you retire, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Hosts Bob Leins and John Elloitt discuss the Roth TSP and whether the plan is right for you.
May 7, 2012
The board that oversees the Thrift Savings Plan is reminding federal employees that their G Fund investments are safe — even if the government reaches the debt ceiling and cannot issue new securities to the G fund.
Tom Trabucco and Greg Long, both of whom are with the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, tell Federal News Radio when TSP participants can expect to take advantage of a Roth option in the Thrift Savings Plan.
With important changes coming to the Thrift Savings Plan, federal workers will soon see significant new options and opportunities for their retirement savings. But federal worker unions tell a House subcommittee that they're reluctant to endorse an option sought by a small, but some say overly-vocal minority of TSP participants.
Meet Greg Long and Tom Trabucco!
Feb. 22, 2010
Thrift Savings Plan Executive Director Greg Long and Tom Trabucco, the TSP's director of external affairs, answer your questions about the Thrift Savings Plan.
September 26, 2011(Encore presentation October 10, 2011)