Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Greening of Government: people
The Department of Education is taking a taking a leadership role in the work of educating the next generation of green citizens
Every agency has submitted a plan, per the White House request. David Erne, senior associate at Booz Allen, joined the DorobekINSIDER to discuss what agencies put together.
The Air Force is adopting what it calls a "New Energy Culture" to reduce the force's energy use.
EPA employee Barbara Klieforth bikes the six miles to work everyday.
OPM, GSA and DoT sign on to offer bicycle sharing through the Capital Bikeshare Program in the city. OPM bought a corporate membership for 300 employees to use the bikes to get to meetings or for exercise for up to 30 minutes for free.
Tags: pay and benefits , John Berry , Martha Johnson , Roy Kienit , OPM , DoT , GSA , Gabe Klein , Washington D.C. DoT , bikeshare program , Jason Miller , Greening of Government: transportation , green government ,
Council on Environmental Quality issues new guidance giving agencies instructions to measure greenhouse gas emissions. Council chair Nancy Sutley said the directive includes approaches used inside and out of government. Agencies have until January 2011 to complete an initial baseline inventory.
Tags: management , green government , Nancy Sutley , Tom Vilsack , White House , Council on Environmental Quality , USDA , GreenGov Symposium , greenhouse gas emissions , Executive Order 13514 , solar panels , Jason Miller ,
With the majority of federal employees located outside of the Washington, D.C. metro area, how are feds in regional offices answering the White House's mandates regarding the greening of government? The answer: the Federal Executive Boards organized groups of executives who find ways to collaborate across agency lines.