Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Greening of Government: Technology
Federal agencies are turning to web sites like Facebook, Twitter, and MySpace to reach out to the public regarding their mission. But many agencies have also turned to social collaboration and networking sites to reach out to their own staff when it comes to President Obama's Green Government initiatives.
Agriculture plans to update its second version of its green IT strategy this year. State is implementing power management tools and could save almost $2 million. Both agencies are making headway to change the culture of how IT is used by their respective employees.
Christine Parthemore, a fellow at the Center for a New American Security, discusses with the DorobekINSIDER the findings of a CNAS study about DoD's transition away from reliance on oil.
Marian Van Pelt, a principal with ICF International, describes how you can measure your sustainability efforts.
Federal News Radio's Jason Miller caught up with Casey Coleman, Chief Information Officer of the General Services Administration. He asked her about a green technology initiative that nearly all federal workers can relate to.