Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Green Line
The Guardian Angels have stepped up patrols on Metro in response to a number of recent fights. But one Angel became the victim of a fight himself over the weekend.
Robert Joy was attacked last Friday night at the Suitland station on the Green Line. He was waiting for his niece, due to show up any minute on a train.
Some Green Line Metro riders got more than they paid for during rush hour this week.
Metro says a man stabbed while exiting the Georgia Avenue/Petworth station Sunday suffered non-life-threatening injuries.
After an extra long subway train rolled through eight stations, Metro took action against three of its employees.
"This has everything to do with training," a Metro train operator speaking on the condition of anonymity tells WTOP. "A lot of it is simple basic stuff that you learn in class. When I am on my train, I walk through and check how many cars I have. Every operator is supposed to do that."
Trains are no longer single-tracking. Service returned to normal at about 1:27 p.m. Friday.
Regular service has resumed on Metro's Green and Yellow lines after a woman was struck at the Mount Vernon Square station Wednesday.