Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Green Gov Symposium
The government's new strategy on electronic stewardship said no federal electronics should end up in a landfill. Agencies should make sure their computers, monitors and other equipment is reused whenever possible and eventually recycled by a certified company. The Government Services Administration will publish guidance in February.
Bob Peck, commissioner of GSA's Public Buildings Service, says his agency is leading by example in energy efficiency.
Federal agencies are turning to web sites like Facebook, Twitter, and MySpace to reach out to the public regarding their mission. But many agencies have also turned to social collaboration and networking sites to reach out to their own staff when it comes to President Obama's Green Government initiatives.
Tags: green government , Greening of Government: Technology , White House New Media Office , Katelin Sabochik , FedCenter , Steve Luzzi , U.S. Forest Service , Maritza Huerta , Barack Obama , Max Cacas