Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Green Gov Symposium
The government's new strategy on electronic stewardship said no federal electronics should end up in a landfill. Agencies should make sure their computers, monitors and other equipment is reused whenever possible and eventually recycled by a certified company. The Government Services Administration will publish guidance in February.
Bob Peck, commissioner of GSA's Public Buildings Service, says his agency is leading by example in energy efficiency.
Federal agencies are turning to web sites like Facebook, Twitter, and MySpace to reach out to the public regarding their mission. But many agencies have also turned to social collaboration and networking sites to reach out to their own staff when it comes to President Obama's Green Government initiatives.
Tags: green government , Greening of Government: Technology , White House New Media Office , Katelin Sabochik , FedCenter , Steve Luzzi , U.S. Forest Service , Maritza Huerta , Barack Obama , Max Cacas