Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Green Gov Symposium
The government's new strategy on electronic stewardship said no federal electronics should end up in a landfill. Agencies should make sure their computers, monitors and other equipment is reused whenever possible and eventually recycled by a certified company. The Government Services Administration will publish guidance in February.
Bob Peck, commissioner of GSA's Public Buildings Service, says his agency is leading by example in energy efficiency.
Federal agencies are turning to web sites like Facebook, Twitter, and MySpace to reach out to the public regarding their mission. But many agencies have also turned to social collaboration and networking sites to reach out to their own staff when it comes to President Obama's Green Government initiatives.
Tags: green government , Greening of Government: Technology , White House New Media Office , Katelin Sabochik , FedCenter , Steve Luzzi , U.S. Forest Service , Maritza Huerta , Barack Obama , Max Cacas