Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Grants management
A new GAO report is recommending OMB be more specific in its guidance on grant management. The report said 5,100 employees are significantly involved in managing grants.
Tim Lawler, director of the grants management practice at Grant Thornton and former director of financial management at the FAA, tells the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp how the grants process can be streamlined at agencies.
Internal documents obtained by Federal ews Radio details administration's plans to require use of the secure identity card, cloud computing, data center consolidation and several other initiatives. Current and former government officials say OMB clarified its stance on how to move forward with many of the former Bush administration initiatives.
Tags: technology , management , Vivek Kundra , OMB , budget , e-government , Lines of Business , cloud computing , cybersecurity , grants management , Data center consolidation , HSPD-12 , teleworking , E-Travel