Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Grant Thornton
We continue our weeklong series, Rise of the Money People, by interviewing GAO Chief Accountant Bob Dacey about fuzzy federal agency budget sheets and Tim Lawler, director of the grants management practice at Grant Thornton, about fine-tuning the grants process.
Stan Soloway, the President and CEO of the PSC, and Phil Kangas, a principal with Grant Thornton, joined Pentagon Solutions with Francis Rose to discuss the findings of a survey of federal acquisition personnel.
Latest edition of a biennial survey, sponsored by a contracting industry group, finds acquisition leaders have the same challenges they had a decade ago. But they fear tighter budgets will reverse progress toward improving the government's acquisition workforce.
Tags: acquisition , contracting , industry , acquisition workforce , Professional Services Council , Army Contracting Command , Camille Nichols , Stan Soloway , Alan Chvotkin , Phil Kangas , Jared Serbu
Preliminary results from a Grant Thornton survey of contractors show profits, revenues and overall participation in the government market is down. The pressure from the administration's steps to reign in high risk contracts and reduce spending is having an impact on most contractors. The Navy, for example, is trying to be more disciplined in how it buys goods and services.
A former chief financial officer explains how agencies can prepare for the start of a new fiscal year. And NOAA shares details of a new satellite to help track weather changes worldwide.
Bill Bransford will host a round table discussion of how agencies are currently training their managers and employees.
September 7, 2012
Tags: workforce , Workforce training , management training , Bill Bransford , Lisa Sper , Carrie Blustin , American Society for Training and Development , Jeanette Archetto , CIO.gov , Social Security Administration , Fed Talk , management , Federal Management Partners ,
Avue Technologies Co-CEO Linda Rix, joins host Derrick Dortch to talk about what's ahead for federal human resources managers.
August 10, 2012
Tags: workforce issues , federal hiring , downsizing , early retirement , brain drain , human resource management , human resources , Partnership for Pubic Service , Linda Rix , Avue Technologies , Derrick Dortch , Fed Access
Federal chief human capital officers should develop a consistent message about the effects of budget cuts on human resources, said CHCO Council Executive Director Kathryn Medina. The goal is to explain the tangible effects of spending reductions on core agency missions.
The White House issued the updated Circular A-11 guidance for the 2014 budget development. The performance management section includes some of the most significant changes. In an exclusive interview with Federal News Radio, OMB's Shelley Metzenbaum said agencies have a multi-year plan to improve programs and accountability.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.