Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Government Executive
Tom Shoop, the editor-in-chief of Government Executive magazine, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss a new CBO study on federal pay.
Tom Shoop, editor-in-chief of Government Executive magazine, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss what federal employees can expect to hear in the State of the Union.
Tom Shoop, editor-in-chief of Government Executive magazine, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the administration's federal reorganization's likelihood of actually moving forward.
The big shrink is on at the Agriculture Department. The department announced plans to close 259 offices, labs and other facilities. Government Executive Editor-in-Chief Tom Shoop joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss what the department's plan means, both for itself and as a model for other agencies.
Government Executive Editor in Chief Tom Shoop joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss a recent poll finding big government a leading concern as the biggest threat facing the U.S. Shoop said distrust of the government translates into distrust of the political system.
Furloughs, layoffs, more buyouts and shrinking pay and benefits. Those have all heightened the awareness of "Sequestration Anxiety," Tom Shoop, the editor-in-chief of Government Executive magazine, said in an interview on In Depth with Francis Rose.
Tom Shoop is the editor-in-chief of Government Executive.
Congress gave Department of Housing and Urban Development programs to help homeless vets a slight boost in fiscal year 2012, in what may be a sign that Secretary Shaun Donovan's plan to turn around an agency once called the "poster child for scandal-ridden, dysfunctional bureaucracy" is working. Donovan said he is emphasizing performance based on data, and demanding that HUD staff increase collaboration among themselves and with other agencies. He spoke Thursday at the Excellence in Government conference in Washington.
Tom Shoop, editor-in-chief of Gov Exec, explains why these agencies are so appealing.
Despite considerations to cut federal workforce sizes, three agencies' staff have been growing in recent years.