Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Government Accountability Project
Tom Devine from the Government Accountability Project tells us how the new whistleblower law will protect you. Policy expert Don Kettl gives us his federal predictions for 2013, and The Hill Newspaper brings us the latest on the looming sequestration deadline.
Tags: Federal Drive , Sterling Beard , Don Kettl , Norb Ryan , Tom Devine , University of Maryland , The Hill , Military Officers Association of America , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , DoD , DoD Report
A Senate committee takes up a bill to beef up legal and employment protection for federal whistleblowers. The legislation, for which there is a companion bill making its way through the House, is favored by the Obama Administration and federal employee labor unions, but is opposed by at least one large group representing federal managers.
An upcoming conference features theme-based workshops led by prominent whistleblowers and good government organizations, a national security panel with star whistleblowers in the industry and more! Tom Devine with the Government Accountability Project has details.