Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Gov Info Security
The Chicago-based company Accretive Health agreed to a settlement with the Federal Trade Commission after a data breach in 2011 left more than 23,000 patients open to identity theft. The settlement doesn't include any financial penalties. Instead the company has to add new levels of security to its systems to better protect patient information.
The heads of IT and information security were fired along with two other employees.
The Department of Homeland Security is on the hunt for cybersecurity summer interns.
The Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano says DHS needs the financial boost to will need to identify and reduce vulnerabilities in our nation's key cyber networks.
The State of Government Information Security survey finds cyber IT needs are not given enough attention at organizations.
The U.S. Cyber Challenge will offer programs to encourage high school and college students with a knack for computers, mathematics and science to consider careers in IT security.
GovInfoSecurity reports that Federal CIO Vivek Kundra is committing funds to cloud computing efforts in government.
The State Department's Office of the Coordinator for Cyber Issues will focus on cybersecurity.
Gov Info Security reports that measures to create an Office of Cyber were eliminated from the defense spending bill.