Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Gov Cloud Minute
Meeting Mandates with Flexible Cloud Solutions that Offer Cost Savings and Improve Application Delivery Time
Developers in public sector are trying to meet mandates with flexible cloud solutions that offer cost savings and improve application delivery time. Mark Ryland, the Chief Solutions Architect for Amazon Web Services' Worldwide Public Sector discusses how AWS is the right cloud solution from a developer's perspective:
Amazon Web Services focuses on providing developers flexibility and choice within our cloud Infrastructure. Developers can pick and choose the capabilities they need from a rich suite of services, provision them immediately, and pay for only what they need, when they need it. The AWS cloud gives developers the security and agility they require to meet their agency's fast-changing needs, while dramatically reducing costs and "time to mission".
Join AWS at the Public Sector Summit to learn more. October 10 in Washington D-C. Visit aws.amazon.com/gov to register.
Mark Ryland, the Chief Solutions Architect for Amazon Web Services' Worldwide Public Sector team discusses how their customers are able to build their cloud applications AND meet the latest security requirements for their agencies:
At AWS, we provide robust physical security, isolation and control at the network layer, the storage layer, and on virtual machines all familiar best practices for customers today. Many agencies have been able to improve their security posture using the AWS cloud because the ease of deploying and managing cloud infrastructure gives them greater visibility and control over their IT resources. And for more sensitive workloads, our customers have access to GovCloud, a US Government AWS region built and operated to ITAR requirements.
Join AWS at the Public Sector Summit to learn more about GovCloud and more. October 10 in Washington DC. Visit aws.amazon.com/gov to register.