Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Gordon Heddell
Gordon Heddel of Booz Allen Hamilton talks about the challenges of creating a smarter but not bigger government. Aaron Miller of the Wilson Center discusses the hurdles awaiting new Secretary of State John Kerry. Bloomberg Government's Rob Barnett talks about President Obama's environmental policy. John Mahoney of Tully Rinckey says furloughed feds won't lose their rights.
Tags: Federal Drive , Cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , DoD , DoD Report , Aaron Miller , Labor Department , Booz Allen Hamilton , Wilson Center , EPA , Rob Barnett , Bloomberg Government , John Mahoney , Tully Rinckey , furloughs
Defense Department Inspector General Gordon Heddell is stepping down Dec. 24.
DoD inspector general finds continued audit quality problems. Senate committee says making DCAA independent should be considered.
Tags: contracting , Robert Hale , April Stephenson , Greg Kutz , Sen. Joseph Lieberman , Sen. Susan Collins , Sen. Tom Coburn , DoD , DCAA , Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Co , GAO , inspector general , contract audits , acquisition reform
Sen. Chuck Grassley, issuing his second report on the status of the Defense Department's inspector general, said there are "positive trends" in the office he has previously criticized but he and his staff still give the IGs work a "D minus."