Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Gordon Heddell
Gordon Heddel of Booz Allen Hamilton talks about the challenges of creating a smarter but not bigger government. Aaron Miller of the Wilson Center discusses the hurdles awaiting new Secretary of State John Kerry. Bloomberg Government's Rob Barnett talks about President Obama's environmental policy. John Mahoney of Tully Rinckey says furloughed feds won't lose their rights.
Tags: Federal Drive , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , DoD , DoD Report , Aaron Miller , Labor Department , Booz Allen Hamilton , Wilson Center , EPA , Rob Barnett , Bloomberg Government , John Mahoney , Tully Rinckey , furloughs
Defense Department Inspector General Gordon Heddell is stepping down Dec. 24.
DoD inspector general finds continued audit quality problems. Senate committee says making DCAA independent should be considered.
Tags: contracting , Robert Hale , April Stephenson , Greg Kutz , Sen. Joseph Lieberman , Sen. Susan Collins , Sen. Tom Coburn , DoD , DCAA , Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Co , GAO , inspector general , contract audits , acquisition reform
Sen. Chuck Grassley, issuing his second report on the status of the Defense Department's inspector general, said there are "positive trends" in the office he has previously criticized but he and his staff still give the IGs work a "D minus."