Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Google Apps
A Google spokesman said he company plans to enhance it apps with functions already offered by Postini, an email security company owned by Google.
The agency moved 25,000 employees to Google apps for email and collaboration in the cloud. CIO Joe Klimavicz said GSA's experience was crucial in making their transition go on time and on budget.
NOAA is going with Google Apps for agency-wide e-mail and collaboration platform for its 25,000 employees, contractors and associates working across the country and around the world. NOAA CIO Joseph Klimavicz explains the process.
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration is the largest federal agency to select Google's email system
Google will soon be fighting for room on the cloud with rival Microsoft. Microsoft recently received Federal Information Security Management Act certification for cloud computing data centers — about five months after Google gained approval. “Meeting the requirements of FISMA is an important security requirement for U.S. Federal agencies,” Microsoft’s Senior Director of Risk and [...]