Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Google
National Security cyberattack concerns are high, Report: China-based hackers stole India secrets
Google ends 4 years of censoring the Web for China, CIOs struggle to balance security, openness
"The Army cyber command would involve a hybrid approach, headed up by a three-star general and comprising elements of Army communications and intelligence communities." FCW
There's a new chair in charge of a key House subcommittee that has, among its other responsiblities, cybersecurity, primarily in a military context. California Rep. Loretta Sanchez (D.) recently discussed her new responsibilities during the recent AFCEA Homeland Security Conference.
Agency will do market research to see how the cloud market has changed. This decision prompted Onix and Google to drop their lawsuit.
The two protestors said in court documents Interior has agreed to take steps to fix potential contracting issues. But the Justice Department disputed Google and Onix's claims saying no agreement has been reached. Interior hired Softchoice to provide Microsoft software for email and collaboration in the cloud almost a year ago.
Agency CIO Casey Coleman said the move to Google's gmail went smoothly and is 99 percent complete. GSA recently hired another cloud service provider to host collaboration tools. Coleman said the agency now is looking at legacy business systems.
September 22, 2011
Microsoft released a cloud version of its popular Office applications suite.