Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Gerry Connolly
Rep. Gerry Connolly wants OPM to increase the number of teleworkers and find out how many agencies keep them on the job during office closures, which could be keeping the numbers down. Connolly is also asking Metro officials how they can avoid snow shutdowns for above-ground metro and bus service used by 40% of federal commuters.
The recent concern over the spread of the H1N1 flu virus has again called attention to "continuity of operations" (COOP) in the Federal Government. According to the most recent report from the Office of Personnel Management, just over half of all Federal agencies include teleworking as part of their COOP planning. A local group held a lunchtime event yesterday at the Federal Triangle to push the cause of teleworking.
Lawmakers are expected to consider a bill to expand teleworking in the federal government. Maryland Congressman John Sarbanes tells Federal News Radio his legislation enjoys wide bipartisan support, and is expected to pass easily in the House later today.
House committee passes bill changing TSP, updating FERS
U.S. Rep. Gerry Connolly
AFGE Public Policy Director
Research and Policy Director, Economic Policy Institute (EPI)
The Virginia Congressman says there's a better way to fund heathcare reform than on the backs of federal employees.
An earlier agreement exempting union employees from a proposed excise tax on high priced health plans has now been extended to all federal employees. We learn how, and why.
Rep. Gerald E. "Gerry" Connolly wants half of the unspent or repaid bank bailout money to be used for deficit reduction.
Federal employees covered under some of the more expensive plans in the Federal Employees Heath Benefit Program now have some breathing room as well.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said it's possible there will be a government shutdown at the end of this month.