Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Gerry Connolly
Defense analyst Jim McAleese reviews the Defense Authorization Bill agreed on by both the Senate and the House yesterday. OPM Director John Berry says proposed rules to implement phased retirement are on the fast track. Rep. John Sarbanes (D-Md.) discusses changes that will make it easier for feds to telework. Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.) talks about benefits that will help retain federal employees. Vivian Reifberg of McKinsey & Co. talks about why the current administrative transition is so important. Alex Bolton of The Hill discusses the fiscal cliff negotiations.
Tags: Jim McAleese , McAleese and Associates , John Berry , OPM , phased retirement , retirement , John Sarbanes , telework , Telework Enhancement Act , workforce , Vivian Riefberg , McKinsey & Co. , Alex Bolton , The Hill , Congress , fiscal cliff , COLAs , Federal Drive , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , DoD , DoD Report
Director John Berry said the agency's Innovation Lab is helping to take a different, more rapid approach to developing the proposed rule to implement the new program. Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.) also is suggesting the creation of a "leave bank" for workers who leave federal service but plan to return. Berry said that's an innovative idea OPM may look at.
Rep. Darrell Issa said agencies need a lot more agility in their IT spending, but a lack of budget authority and a proliferation of accountability among bureau-level CIOs gets in the way.
Faced with declining resources, the Internal Revenue Service has diverted resources from elsewhere inside the agency to try and head off skyrocketing cases of identity theft stemming from tax refunds.
Tags: IRS , Congress , House , House Oversight and Government Reform Commitee , TIGTA , GAO , National Taxpayer Advocate , J. Russell George , Nina Olson , Beth Tucker , James White , technology , cybersecurity , Jared Serbu
OMB Controller Danny Werfel explains how agencies have been able to cut improper payments. Also, the VA's Mary Santiago discusses the hurdles to hiring more veterans into the federal workforce.
Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.) discusses what progress Congress can realistically make on the budget. Anthony Amendolia of the DLA talks turkey -- as in, the thousands of turkeys he ordered for service members overseas. Alex Bolton, senior writer for The Hill, discusses Congress' strategies to avoid the fiscal cliff. GAO's Steve Lord reviews TSA's complaint process.
OPM sends Congress 2011 report on number of employees teleworking. This is the first report since the Telework Enhancement Act of 2010 became law. PTO, GSA, HHS, Education and Treasury are among the leaders in percentage of eligible employees working outside the office.
Reps. Jim Moran (D-Va.), Gerry Connolly (D-Va.) and Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.) introduced the SES Reform Act of 2012 today. Among other things, the bill would raise the salary of some SES personnel.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Rep. Gerry Connolly, D-Va., discusses the value of public service while OurFuture.org Executive Editor Isaiah J. Poole previews the Take Back the American Dream Conference June 18 - 20. Hooks Book Events President Perry Hooks and Steve Shapiro, author of "Best Practices are Stupid: 40 Ways to Out-Innovate the Competition," also appear.
The federal government now faces a fork in the road with regards to IT investment. George DelPrete, leader of Grant Thornton's federal government information technology, offers his insight. Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.) talks about legislation he introduced to increase contracting opportunities for small businesses. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) was one of the sponsors of a bill to help military families facing foreclosure.