Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: George Washington University
Experts and lawmakers say the proof will be in the OIRA guidance to agencies in how impactful these reforms will be. Agencies must submit plans to OIRA in 120 days about how they will review existing regulations to ensure they are still relevant. Agencies will have to determine a cost-benefit analysis on existing rules.
Tags: management , Barack Obama , Cass Sunstein , Darrell Issa , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , White House , OIRA , Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committ , Gary Bass , Susan Dudley , OMBWatch , regulatory reform , regulatory burden , executive order , Jason Miller
GWU professor Steve Schooner says the top story of 2010 were the efficiency initiatives at DoD.
Adderall and Ritalin are sometimes called "study drugs" on campuses, and the demand for them rises during the finals crush.
"It's not intended for romantic couples, and that's something the students actually spoke to us pretty loudly and vigorously about," says George Washington's Dean of Students Peter Konwerski.
Face-to-face interviews are becoming more prevalent in the admissions process between future high school graduates institutions looking to admit new students.
A George Washington University sophomore has died after falling out of a window early Saturday morning.
D.C. Fire and EMS spokesman Pete Piringer says the fire truck was responding to a small fire at the George Washington University library.
Tags: fire ,
President Barack Obama plans to host a conference in Florida next month on his administration's approach to the next step in space exploration.
Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano has delivered to Congress the very first Quadrennial Homeland Security Review. The document reflects nearly a year's worth of work as DHS officials, external stakeholders and even members of the public held an unusually open examination of the programs and priorities of a mega-agency charged with safeguarding the nation. An outside group that monitors the homeland security community offers its own first-look of the QHSR.
Tags: security , DHS , QHSR , Janet Napolitano , Frank J. Cilluffo , Homeland Security Policy Institute , Bennie Thompson , House Homeland Security Committee , National Academy of Public Administration , Max Cacas
Dan Kaniewski of George Washington University