Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: George Arnold
George Arnold of the National Institute of Standards and Technology talks about establishing a more efficient electric power system.
New Web site offers place for public to comment.
Experts describe the progress they have made and challenges they will face in modernizing the electric grid. Despite some security concerns, lawmakers expressed support for the project.
NIST says it's identified five "foundational" sets of standards for Smart Grid interoperability and cyber security that are ready for consideration by federal and state energy regulators. Details from NIST's George Arnold
Thursday, March 24th, 2010 at 11:00am
Identity and Cyber Security will play a critical role in building and managing a Smart Energy Grid. More secure and reliable access based on known and verifiable Identity will provide greater efficiency, ease of use, and security. With this decentralization, more complex systems of access management will be needed to permit authorized people the ability manage their areas of responsibility, to provide the frameworks necessary to create trust, to verify information, and to allow greater consumer participation in electrical services.
Tags: technology , Booz Allen Distinguished Speaker Series , identity , cyber security , Smart Energy Grid , National Institute of Standards and Technology , National Energy Technology Laboratory , Tennessee Valley Authority , Software Engineering Institute , Steve Bossart , James Sample , Bill Wilson
Tags: Smart Grid , House Science Subcommittee on Energy and Environme , Patricia Hoffman , Department of Energy , NIST , National Institute of Standards and Technology , Paul De Martini , Jeff Ross , Michael Stoessl