Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Gene Sperling
The 2013 budget request reduces half of the agency's discretionary spending. All agencies could face deeper cuts if Congress and the administration don't agree on a plan for deficit reduction in the next 11 months.
Agencies must look for projects to enter into Energy Savings Performance Contracts over the next two years. The effort will cost the government no upfront money. The contractors pay for the energy efficiencies and get paid by the utility savings the department receives. The Army, the Air Force and GSA already are using these contracts.
A new Web portal will bring information on all federal agency services for small firms into one place. At the 29th Annual Minority Enterprise Development Week conference, White House officials highlighted how they are holding agencies accountable for meeting governmentwide small business goals.
White House strategy gives the Commerce Department bureau the ability to bring industry, privacy, security and other experts together to develop policies and standards. The administration made it clear the private sector will lead the effort and the government is only creating a marketplace for these services.