Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Gene Dodaro
Texas Democrat's bill would modernize how the government appropriates, measures funding. Agency progress with financial management oversight improves slightly, but still no consolidated audit opinion.
Tags: mngt , Henry Cuellar , Diana Watson , Richard Gregg , DHS , DoD , NASA , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , GAO , Treasury , Army Corps of Engineers , financial management , audit opinion , CFO Act , Performance based budgeting
How will the GAO celebrate a big milestone? We hear from Comptroller General Gene Dodaro
OFPP administrator Dan Gordon told a Senate committee that a new rule to add more oversight to multi-agency contracts should be out soon. Agencies wanting to develop new multiple award contracts will have to justify them before going forward. OFPP is also trying to use strategic sourcing to take advantage of the government's buying power.
Tags: management , contracting , Dan Gordon , Joseph Lieberman , OFPP , GAO , GSA , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Interagency contracting , GWACs , Multiple award contracts , BPAs , duplicative programs , Jason Miller
Congress is holding the government accountable for federal building ownership and leasing. Rep. Holmes Norton is asking GSA for access to excess building data.
Rep. Issa and other Republicans criticize the administration for not testifying on GAO report on duplicative programs. House Oversight and Government Reform Committee promises quarterly hearings on how agencies are chipping away at the widespread overlap.
Tags: management , Darrell Issa , Connie Mack , Elijah Cummings , Jeff Zients , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , OMB , GAO , Tom Davis , Deloitte , overlapping programs , cost cutting , Jason Miller