Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Gary Winkler
The number of data centers has almost tripled over the past 10 years across government. One estimate is that 80 percent of all these capabilities are underutilized. Federal CIO Vivek Kundra says cloud computing is part of the answer to reducing the data center infrastructure.
Tags: contracting , technology , Jeff Sorenson , Vivek Kundra , Greg Wilshusen , Diane Watson , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , Army , OMB , GSA , GAO , DHS , IAC/ACT , Executive Leadership Conference , data center , APCs , cybersecurity
Services wants to pre-qualify vendors to bid on next generation portal. DoD still must work out funding, governance issues.
The Army Knowledge Online portal is one of the apps that is currently in use and evolving. Gary Winkler, head of the Army's Program Executive Office for Enterprise Information Systems, talked about it with the DorobekINSIDER.