Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Gary Locke
Census 2010 goes from "most likely to fail" to $1.6 billion in the black. Federal News Radio talks with the Secretary of the Department of Commerce, Gary Locke, about the turnaround and what's on the horizon for the department.
The Census Bureau plans to close half of its regional offices in its first realignment of field offices in 50 years. The change could affect more than 300 employees. Agency leaders expect to save up to $18 million dollars per year under the plan.
The outgoing secretary said he has focused on achieving stretch goals and impressing upon employees to look at their jobs differently. Gary Locke initiated changes to how Commerce does budget planning, buys goods and services and serve their customers.
FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski could replace Gary Locke as Secretary of Commerce, sources tell The Hill.
Several agencies have released plans to improve Asian Americans and Pacific Islander access to government jobs and services. The programs address an Executive Order requiring agencies to examine how they serve this population.