Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Gary Bass
Pressing the Obama White House on accountability and openness
The head of one of Washington's many "good government" groups rates the Obama Administration on its efforts towards trasparency and open government as we approach the first anniversary of Barack Obama's Inauguration.
OMBWatch's Gary Bass assesses the new policy from the White House on the independence of federal scientists' work.
The White House says the order is all about transparency. But Senate Republicans say details in the draft aren't clear. And they're worried about an infringement of First Amendment rights, and how the donation information will be used at agencies.
Experts and lawmakers say the proof will be in the OIRA guidance to agencies in how impactful these reforms will be. Agencies must submit plans to OIRA in 120 days about how they will review existing regulations to ensure they are still relevant. Agencies will have to determine a cost-benefit analysis on existing rules.
Tags: management , Barack Obama , Cass Sunstein , Darrell Issa , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , White House , OIRA , Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committ , Susan Dudley , OMBWatch , George Washington University , regulatory reform , regulatory burden , executive order , Jason Miller
Now that he's officially announced his plans to leave by the end of summer, what will be the legacy of OMB Director Peter Orszag as the President's chief budget guru? One man who has watched the career of Orszag for many years says along with high profile subjects like health care reform and the economic stimulus, the OMB chief also changed the way government works in other, less public ways.