Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: GWACs
Kevin Youel Page, deputy commissioner for the Office of Integrated Technology Services, will talk about the agency's goals and initiatives.
August 7, 2012
Tags: acquisition , contracting , Kevin Page , Office of Integrated Technology Services , GSA , cloud computing , strategic sourcing , Alliant , data collection , data management , transactional data , Roger Waldron , Off the Shelf
Bloomberg Government Federal Business Analyst Brian Friel talks about why multiple award contracts have become so popular and where the government market is headed.
July 24, 2012
Tags: acquisition , contracting , Multiple award contracts , Brian Friel , Bloomberg Government , federal market , MAC , enterprise multiple award contracts , procurement , contract vehicles , Roger Waldron , Off the Shelf
Kevin Plexico, vice president of Federal Information Services at Deltek, will talk about a wide variety of issues, when he joins host Mark Amtower on today's show.
January 9, 2012(Encore presentation February 13, 2012)
Tags: acquisition , Kevin Plexico , Deltek , federal budget , IT spending , GSA schedules , strategic sourcing initiative , IDIQs , NGEN , T4 , DHS Eagle , EAGLE , Eagle 2 , First Source , First Source 2 , US Army Eagle , SEWP 4 , Mark Amtower , contracting , procurement , Amtower Off Center
Agencies must develop a business case and post it on an internal government site for others to comment on. OFPP also wants senior acquisition officials to sign off on justifications before moving out with a final solicitation. The new guidance comes as GAO and others have found the proliferation of multiple award contracts is costing agencies and vendors millions of dollars.
OFPP administrator Dan Gordon told a Senate committee that a new rule to add more oversight to multi-agency contracts should be out soon. Agencies wanting to develop new multiple award contracts will have to justify them before going forward. OFPP is also trying to use strategic sourcing to take advantage of the government's buying power.
Tags: management , contracting , Dan Gordon , Gene Dodaro , Joseph Lieberman , OFPP , GAO , GSA , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Interagency contracting , Multiple award contracts , BPAs , duplicative programs , Jason Miller
The FAR Councils issued an interim rule requiring changes to the use of and oversight of interagency contracts. OFPP reports that agencies spent $52 billion on multiple award and GWACs in 2009. The new requirements will help get that spending under better control, the councils say.
A new report to Congress says OFPP will release new policies this fall to improve the management and use of multiple award contracts. One of the policies will require business cases for all multi- and inter-agency contracts. OFPP found that agencies spent more than $52 billion on these contracts in 2009.
Administrator Gordon says strategic sourcing is one way to ensure the government gets the lowest price and to consolidate existing contracts. Gordon also wants agencies to submit business cases for new multi-agency contracts, but doesn't commit to asking agencies to justify all types of multiple award contracts.
Tags: contracting , Dan Gordon , Steve Kempf , John Needham , Rick Gunderson , Claire McCaskill , Scott Brown , OFPP , GSA , GAO , NIH , NASA , DHS , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Interagency contracting , multiple award contracting , schedules , Jason Miller
Audit agency calls for business cases to justify new multiple award contracts, and a database listing all existing contracts. Sen. McCaskill plans to hold a second hearing on interagency contracting in June.
Tags: contracting , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , Claire McCaskill , Ed Towns , Darrell Issa , GAO , GSA , OFPP , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , MACs , Interagency contracting , Jason Miller , Contract Overload
Congressional staff members call the current MAC environment "chaos." The administration will decide in a matter of weeks whether NIH should continue to run its CIO-SP3 governmentwide contract. OFPP administrator Gordon says several broad policy decisions must be made to address the challenges around multiple award contracts.
Tags: contracting , Dan Gordon , Molly Wilkinson , Peter Levine , OFPP , GSA , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Senate Armed Services Committee , NIH , Scott Amey , Jim Williams , Alan Chvotkin , POGO , Professional Services Council , TechAmerica , multiple award contracting , Jason Miller , Contract Overload