Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: GSA
OMB mandated departments implement continuous monitoring of their cyber networks by 2012. Part of meeting that goal is understanding what hardware and software currently reside on the computing backbone.
Tags: technology , Contracting , Roger Baker , Bobbie Stempfley , Mike Krieger , Donna Dodson , Army , VA , DHS , State , NIST , cybersecurity , continuous monitoring , Cyberscope , SmartBUY , Jason Miller
Steve Kempf, Commissioner of the General Services Administration's Federal Acquisition Service (FAS), joins Off the Shelf for an update on some of FAS's key procurement initiatives and new leadership team.
February 22, 2011 (Encore presentation July 5, 2011)
Agency officials say the House's proposed budget could mean furloughs and layoffs. Reduced funding also could slow the construction of SSA's new data center. Officials say the current computer center poses a high risk for outages that would impact critical operations.
Tags: management , technology , SSA , House Ways and Means Committee , budget cuts , furloughs , national computer center , AFGE , Patrick O'Carroll , Kelly Croft , David Foley , Witold Skwierczynski , Meg Beasley
Guidance helps CIOs understand how to adopt and manage Internet-based services. Agencies that are considered early adopters are helping to find solutions to common challenges such as data and business process ownership.
The agency wants help from federal and industry partners to improve communications between the two. GSA said it has a large toolbox of resources agencies can build on to fit their specific missions. Vendors also should be on the lookout for several new contracts in the coming months.
IRMCO 2011 is a unique opportunity to collaborate on key strategies that shape and transform government management priorities of the future. We get details about this year's conference from GSA's Kathleen Turco.
With a new tool, users can make informed decisions based on the best practices GSA has learned over many years of experience with sustainable building. GSA's Kevin Kampschroer explains how it works.
A troubled economy and mobile technology are changing the workplace landscape. Literally.
Imagine being locked in a room and not leaving until the Federal Acquisition Regulation is easier to understand and use. The GSA tried that. We hear about the results from GSA's Kathleen Turco.
The Federal Acquisitions Regulations Councils have withdrawn their advanced notice of proposed rulemaking to change contractor transparency.