Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: GSA
Martha Johnson seen by many as the most qualified candidate to be GSA administrator in a decade. But her nomination remains on hold in the Senate because Sen. Christopher Bond is unhappy with GSA's plans for a new federal building in Kansas City. Some call Bond's use of the hold authority an abuse of power.
Tags: management , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , Christopher Bond , Sahar Wali , Stephen Leeds , Paul Prouty , Bob Peck , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , White House , Olga Grkavac , Martha Johnson , Paul Light , TechAmerica , Acting administrator , confirmation process , Congress , series , Agency Instability
Current and former officials says day-to-day operations are working well, but morale and long term strategy are suffering. Martha Johnson, the nominee to be GSA administrator, remains on hold in Senate. GSA names fourth acting administrator since 2008 and the parade of interim leaders is creating more uneasiness about the agency's future.
Tags: management , Stephen Leeds , Christopher Bond , Sahar Wali , OMB , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Martha Johnson , Danielle Germain , Lurita Doan , Acting administrator , confirmation process
Host Larry Allen talks with Tony Costa of the Public Building Service.
White House now eyes good ideas from industry. OMB also tells agencies to apply other contest suggestions within their agencies, including electronic pay stubs. President Obama says SAVE award will be an annual contest.
Washington Technology's Nick Wakeman and David Hubler on the top stories of 2009 and beyond.
Dec. 21, 2009