Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: GSA
Draft RFP calls for a contractor to provide updated online travel management services. GSA to host industry day in May to answer questions about the initial solicitation.
The recent 2010 Government Web and New Media Conference drew one of its largest crowds yet, with some of the top federal web managers and producers crowding a large ballroom at DCs Renaissance Hotel. Attendees had an opportunity to hear from two of the top feds when it comes to government technology today.
Tags: newsstand , technology , Federal Center for New Media and Citizen Engagemen , 2010 Government Web and New Media Conference , Vivek Kundra , Open Government Directive , Martha Johnson , Skype , Max Cacas
GSA signs agreement with the Federal Acquisition Institute and the Defense Acquisition University to improve and standardize training for contracting officers and contracting specialists. The agency also signs an agreement to improve small business access to the schedules.
Tags: contracting , Houston Taylor , Ed O'Hare , Federal Acquisition Service , Federal Acquisition Institute , Defense Acquisition University , Coalition for Government Procurement , acquisition workforce , Small business contracting , schedule contracts
WFED's Jason Miller reports from the Coalition for Government Procurement Conference.
Some of the federal government's top web managers and producers are seeing some new, cutting edge tools.
Tags: In Depth , management , technology , best practices , Web 2.0 , Gov 2.0 , government 2.0 , Bev Godwin , Federal Center for New Media and Citizen Engagemen , 2010 Government Web and New Media Conference , Dan Munz , IdeaSpace , Section 508 , Open Government Initiative , Andrea Sigritz , terms of service , Facebook , Twitter , Tiffany Smith , State Department , FedSpace , Go.USA.gov , Gwynne Kostin , Max Cacas , #govnewmedia
The 2010 Government Web and New Media Conference continues today at the Renaissance Hotel in downtown, D.C. Some of the federal government's top web managers and producers are getting a look at some new, cutting edge tools now being developed for federal websites by a new unit of the General Services Administration.
Tags: newsstand , technology , Federal Center for New Media and Citizen Engagemen , 2010 Government Web and New Media Conference , Dan Munz , IdeaSpace , Section 508 , Open Government Initiative , Andrea Sigritz , terms of service , Facebook , Twitter , Tiffany Smith , State Department , FedSpace , Bev Godwin , Go.USA.gov , Gwynne Kostin , Max Cacas , #govnewmedia
HHS upgraded the portal and it is now ready to handle the large number of applications. OMB had moved 10 of the largest grant making agencies away from the portal last spring because of concerns the system could not handle the influx of applications from the Recovery Act.
Agency plans to release a RFI for software-as-a-service in the next week, and a RFQ for infrastructure-as-a-service in the next month. GSA says it has learned from the previous acquisition attempts and will come out with strategies that better fit agency needs, and vendor offerings.
OPM, GSA, Interior hold fair in Washington to educate employees about being greener. GSA administrator Johnson says it takes a collaborative approach to be more efficient. OPM director Berry calls for more telework to save energy.