Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: GSA
Despite the potential benefits, a congressional watchdog warns that a more detailed game plan is needed to cover security and procedural concerns about cloud computing voiced by federal agencies themselves.
Most mid- and small agencies missed the June 1 deadline to choose the Networx carrier to implement Managed Trusted IP Services. Some say part of the reason for the missed mandate is because GSA and DHS have approved only one MTIPS provider so far. OMB still wants agencies to have all traffic going through a TIC access point by Jan. 31.
Tags: technology , contracting , OMB , Mike Howell , Warren Suss , Diana Gowen , Suss Consulting , Qwest , AT&T , Verizon , Sprint , L3 , Networx , TIC , cybersecurity , MTIPS , telecommunications , Jason Miller
Administrator Gordon says strategic sourcing is one way to ensure the government gets the lowest price and to consolidate existing contracts. Gordon also wants agencies to submit business cases for new multi-agency contracts, but doesn't commit to asking agencies to justify all types of multiple award contracts.
Tags: contracting , Dan Gordon , Steve Kempf , John Needham , Rick Gunderson , Claire McCaskill , Scott Brown , OFPP , GAO , NIH , NASA , DHS , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Interagency contracting , multiple award contracting , schedules , GWACs , Jason Miller
Some of the high-tech collaboration tools that have worked for the military could soon be at the fingertips of all government workers.
Coalition for Government Procurement sends a letter to DoD Secretary Gates asking him to stop the military from developing new contracts.
On October 5, 2009, President Obama issued Executive Order (EO) 13514- Federal Leadership in Environment, Energy, and Economic Performance- aimed at making ambitious and broad improvements in the overall sustainability of the federal government. The order requires all federal agencies to inventory their greenhouse gas emissions, set emissions reduction targets, and develop strategies and action plans for meeting a wide range of sustainability goals encompassing water and energy use and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
The EO puts the federal agencies in the position of being trail blazers. This ambitious goal presents great opportunities for green transformation and its own set of unique challenges. Noblis is pleased to announce a panel discussion on "Leading the Way: Federal Green Initiatives," where key public sector stakeholders will discuss the strategies they are pursuing, the challenges they are facing and expect to encounter, and steps they are taking to ensure the success of their sustainability initiatives.
Tags: technology , Noblis , Nolbis Insights Panel , green , Barack Obama , greenhouse gas , Stephen R. Leeds , Mary Catherine Pleffner , DoC , DOI , Dr. Thomas Armstrong , Dr. David L. Evans , Marguerite Coffey , Beverly Kirk , Bevkirk International , Michelle Moore
Learn more about being their deputy CIO.
Cyber coordinator Schmidt says the administration will issue a draft national strategy for secure online transactions by Friday. The goal is to make identity management easy to use, secure and interoperable to conduct business with the government and the private sector. Schmidt says transactions are key to everything the White House wants to do.
The FBI's new cyber-intelligence still needs a home.