Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: GSA
WFED's Jason Miller reports from the Coalition for Government Procurement Conference.
Some of the federal government's top web managers and producers are seeing some new, cutting edge tools.
Tags: In Depth , management , technology , best practices , Web 2.0 , Gov 2.0 , government 2.0 , Bev Godwin , Federal Center for New Media and Citizen Engagemen , 2010 Government Web and New Media Conference , Dan Munz , IdeaSpace , Section 508 , Open Government Initiative , Andrea Sigritz , terms of service , Facebook , Twitter , Tiffany Smith , State Department , FedSpace , Go.USA.gov , Gwynne Kostin , Max Cacas , #govnewmedia
The 2010 Government Web and New Media Conference continues today at the Renaissance Hotel in downtown, D.C. Some of the federal government's top web managers and producers are getting a look at some new, cutting edge tools now being developed for federal websites by a new unit of the General Services Administration.
Tags: newsstand , technology , Federal Center for New Media and Citizen Engagemen , 2010 Government Web and New Media Conference , Dan Munz , IdeaSpace , Section 508 , Open Government Initiative , Andrea Sigritz , terms of service , Facebook , Twitter , Tiffany Smith , State Department , FedSpace , Bev Godwin , Go.USA.gov , Gwynne Kostin , Max Cacas , #govnewmedia
HHS upgraded the portal and it is now ready to handle the large number of applications. OMB had moved 10 of the largest grant making agencies away from the portal last spring because of concerns the system could not handle the influx of applications from the Recovery Act.
Agency plans to release a RFI for software-as-a-service in the next week, and a RFQ for infrastructure-as-a-service in the next month. GSA says it has learned from the previous acquisition attempts and will come out with strategies that better fit agency needs, and vendor offerings.
OPM, GSA, Interior hold fair in Washington to educate employees about being greener. GSA administrator Johnson says it takes a collaborative approach to be more efficient. OPM director Berry calls for more telework to save energy.