Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: GSA
Federal agencies move operations, and people, all the time. Sometimes the reasons are noble: to save taxpayer money, improve operations and for national security. Sometimes they are part of empire-building or please-a-politician reason. Check out Senior Correspondent Mike Causey's column today.
Don't know what the price reduction clause is? Never fear! DorobekInsider is here!
Learn more about the challenges that GSA faces in greening federal building
Justice's decision to join the False Claims Act lawsuit against Oracle is another signal that vendors are facing more oversight. This is the second time Oracle has come under litigation for allegedly overcharging the government. Experts say contractors need to be prepared for pre-award and post-award audits of GSA schedule contracts.
A major federal contractor is on the hot seat.
The General Services Administration has taken an 18 month timeline, and compressed it into about eight weeks.
Columnist Steve Kelman offers his insight.
Coleman says group hugs are important. Essentially, you've got to get everybody in that room so that they're part of it. That is collaboration. We learn more from Casey Coleman, CIO at GSA
Elizabeth DelNegro started her career in customer service and marketing, but is now CIO of GSA's FAS.