Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: GSA
A new survey on how well agencies contract for sustainable products and services is under development. GSA and OFPP also are taking other steps to promote green purchasing including training courses and changes to acquisition regulations.
GSA is now requiring all projects achieve LEED Gold certification.
Vendors bidding on the contract are asked to extend their prices to Nov. 30. GSA CIO Coleman said her goal was to make the award by Veterans Day.
The administration conducts its first set of reviews of the three-to-eight high priority goals each agency set last year. OMB is encouraging agencies to conduct their own reviews in order to keep focus on meeting the objectives. All agency performance information eventually will be made public through a new portal, Performance.gov.
Agencies are testing an assortment of smartphones and tablet computers to improve how their workforces meet their missions. But there still are questions about the security of these devices.
Tags: technology , telework , cybersecurity , mobile , ACT/IAC , DHS , ICE , Jerry Rhoads , DoJ , ATF , Rick Holgate , Sonny Bhagowalia , Apple , iPad , Research in Motion , BlackBerry , Samsung , Android , Google , tablet computing , mobile apps , Challenge.gov , mobile computing , Max Cacas
Increasingly, agencies are tapping into blogs, Facebook, and Twitter to reach out to the public. Now, the federal department leading the way in the federal government's use of social media is making it easier for even the smallest agency to use Web 2.0 tools.
Congressmen introduce legislation requiring agencies to transition to the new telecommunications contract from FTS2001 by May 2010. Towns said the government could lose $500 million because of the delays.
October 19th at 12PM
Program will discuss the progress report on the Identity Management efforts in the Federal Government, Progress & Best Practices, challenges to overcome, interoperability with programs and the vision for the future for Identity Management.
Tags: technology , Federal Executive Forum , Trezza Media Group , Jim Flyzik , The Flyzik Group , Mike Butler , Judy Spencer , Ashley Stevenson , Peter Engel Alan Carswell , UMUC , SafeNet , HP , OSD , Steven Cooper , FAA
Telework proves itself again when a Continuity of Operations Plan comes together.