Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: GS system
A trio of lawmakers from the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee want the Government Accountability Office to examine whether the General Schedule system for federal employees needs an update. Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) and Blake Farenthold (R-Texas), said the watchdog agency's review would aid the lawmakers in evaluating "the appropriateness of the General Schedule (GS) as a pay scale for today's workforce."
DoD, OPM to make recommendations this summer
Tags: P&B , Brad Bunn , Brenda Farrell , Darryl Perkinson , Rep. Solomon Ortiz , Rep. Randy Forbes , DoD , Navy , GAO , SSA , IRS , House Armed Services Committee , OPM , Federal Managers Association , NSPS , pay-for-performance ,
Defense still will have money in pay pools for performance-based increases or bonuses. Secretary Gates says he decided to make the raises equal because of ongoing review of NSPS.
More federal employees are now concentrated in higher pay grade levels, as technology has shifted jobs to higher skills and retirements has created a need to fill more senior positions.
A new Federal News Radio survey finds that almost half of all respondents do not think federal human resource processes will improve. Employees also say they think most of the HR processes need to be overhauled, but think the GS System works.