Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: GPRA Modernization Act
OMB is giving agencies a lot of latitude to figure out how best to meet key parts of the Government Performance and Results Act Modernization Act of 2010. NASA, NSF say they are developing strategic review processes that fit their specific mission goals. Agencies are going through the first set of reviews and rankings this summer.
The Office of Management and Budget took the first step Friday in attempting to compile a comprehensive list of federal programs with the launch of a new online inventory. Hosted on Performance.gov, the Federal Program Inventory aims to be a one-stop shop for information about the more than 1,600 programs agencies operate and how they complement -- or even duplicate -- the work of other programs.
Sen. Mark Warner (D-Va.) said he plans to introduce legislation allowing for the elimination or consolidation of outdated or redundant agency reports. Cutting back on unnecessary reporting requirements is part of the 2010 Government Performance and Results Modernization Act.
The White House submitted a report to Congress as part of the GPRA Modernization Act that details hundreds of unnecessary reports and studies. The report listed 70 DoD reports as well as the desire to streamline the report on duplicate reports.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Shelley Metzenbaum said agencies are doing a better job in setting outcome-based goals and using data to measure their progress. OPM is finalizing guidance and training to use the competence models for performance improvement positions. Treasury and DHS are setting their own path to using data to meet their mission goals.
Tags: management , OMB , Shelley Metzenbaum , OPM , Andrea Bright , Richard Beck , Interior , Treasury , Kevin Donahue , DHS , Amy Culbertson , performance management , performance improvement officer , Performance Improvement Council , Jason Miller
A new memo from the White House requires agencies involved in trade, exporting or competitiveness to develop an inventory and map them to programmatic and organizational structures and strategic plans. The test initiative will help inform a governmentwide effort to reduce the number of redundant programs across the government.