Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: GPO
The White House is leading a new effort to secure online transactions across the federal, state and local governments and eventually in the private sector. The creation of the new document is being led by cybersecurity coordinator Howard Schmidt and includes DHS. It is one way the administration hopes to improve cybersecurity. OMB soon will release a new approach to measuring FISMA compliance.
Tags: technology , Vivek Kundra , Howard Schmidt , Diane Watson , Tom Lockwood , OMB , White House Cybersecurity Coordinator , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , DHS , Defense , State , DoJ , Treasury , USPS , DEA , USPTO , FISMA , cybersecurity , National Strategy for Secure Online Transactions , PKI , Federal Bridge
A survey of 750 customers found 91 percent were satisfied overall with the services.
Bill Bransford is a partner at the law firm, Shaw, Bransford & Roth. He joins the Federal Drive with information on the legal rights of employees who may feel targeted to accept buyouts.
The Government Printing Office wants to reduce staffing by 15 percent, and is offering buyouts as a way of getting there. Eventually. CHCO William Harris says the process won't be complete until the end of the year.
Squeaks Discovers Type! is the GPO's first comic book. We learn about it from creators Nick Crawford and Jim Cameron
Learn more about what is available at the bookstore, including a new comic book!
The Government Printing Office has put in a request to Congress to offer up to $25,000 in lump-sum buyouts and early outs to its 2,200 employees in anticipation of reduced appropriations next year.
Tags: Congress , Committee on House Administration , Greg Walden , Michael Honda , Doc Hastings , Committee on Natural Resources , technology , smartphones , electronic records management , Jory Heckman