Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: GITMO
The questions about what to do with Gitmo inmates continue. The Senate voted overwhelmingly to block transfer of any of the 240 inmates to the U.S., and refused to pay the $80 million it would cost the Pentagon and Justice Department to close the facility. The administration wants to shut it down, but FBI Director Robert Mueller told Congress that bringing the detainees to the U.S. could pose risks, including the possibility they might radicalize other inmates.
The leadership of several key defense committees will change hands as a result of the 2010 midterm elections. The transfer of power is expected to reshape defense oversight in the House.
Tags: DoD Report , Congress , Congressional Spotlight , 2010 Election , Buck McKeon , House Armed Services Committee , Ike Skelton , DoD , David Petraeus , Afghanistan , Don't Ask, Don't Tell , Dorobek Insider