Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: GI Bill
The GI Bill is now a registered trademark with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. The Department of Veterans Affairs announced it is now the sole owner of the phrase.
Tech-savvy vets finding support online.
Tom Tarantino, chief policy officer for Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, talks about the challenges facing veterans when they return home.
August 17, 2012(Encore presentation September 7 & 14, 2012)
Under a settlement announced Wednesday by 20 states' attorneys general, the Department of Veterans Affairs will take control of a website that consumer fraud investigators say has been used to mislead military members into making poor use of their GI Bill benefits.
Agencies are working toward implementing an executive order designed to crack down on "fly- by-night" colleges that target military members' education benefits
Veterans Affairs CIO Roger Baker does not give too many details, but says the troubled initiatives have plans and milestones, and are in a better place. VA plans on prioritizing its top programs and ending those that do not make the cut. Baker says for too long the agency has tried to do too much, and that was one reason for its failures.
Agency developing two systems to meet Aug. 1 deadline and beyond