Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: GEAR
HUD is one of five agencies piloting a performance management system, called GEAR. The new approach aims to eliminate a disconnect between organizational goals and employee performance.
Tags: HUD , Veterans Administration , Joseph Smith , Larry Ables , performance management , workforce , management , Ruben Gomez , National Council on Federal Labor Management Relat , Federal Labor Management Relations Council
Members of the CHCO council, the National Council on Federal Labor-Management Relations and the Federal Managers Association will talk about how to improve performance management.
July 20, 2012
Tags: workforce , employee performance system , performance management , Bill Bransford , Kathryn Medina , CHCO Council , Michael Filler , National Council on Federal Labor Management Relations , Greg Stanford , Federal Managers Association , Fed Talk
Managers should consider allowing employees to solve problems in other parts of government. Doing so is an effective way for agencies to improve workers' skillsets and maximize resources, said retiring Energy Department HR chief Mike Kane.