Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: GAO
The U.S. Army is taking a new approach when it comes to getting troops ready to fight in the 21st century. A recent GAO report says that the Army needs to seize the opportunity of integrating acquisition reforms, as well as keeping technology current.
Rep. Hal Rogers (R-Ky.) explains why he thinks cutting funding to certain cybersecurity programs might not be such a good idea.
A recent GAO report highlighted the many budgetary problems facing the United States Postal Service. GAO's Phil Herr brings Federal News Radio analysis.
GAO officials told a House Homeland Security Committee on Wednesday that FPS has repeatedly failed to manage its contract workforce and should consider other approaches to protecting federal buildings. Rep. Bennie Thompson joins us with details.
Bill would make cybersecurity diplomatic priority, NSA on the Flash-Media Hunt, Senate stalls cyber commander to probe digital war
A recent report from the Government Accountability Office says additional cuts are needed.
WFED's Max Cacas reports.
Some ex-employees turn to cybercrime
GAO and others have shown that successful organizations use strategic workforce planning to help meet present and future mission requirements. GAO looked at Interior, EPA, and the Forest Service's approaches to workforce planning. As part of our week-long series, HReinvented, GAO's director of Natural Resources and Environment issues, Anu Mittal, tells us about what they found.
In the federal government, they wield spreadsheets, strive for "clean audit opinions", and are the first line of defense in accounting for the spending of taxpayer dollars. "They" are the top federal CFOs and financial managers, and yesterday, they met here in Washington to discuss their profession.